Planning on making a trip to one of the world’s most gorgeous islands – Tioman Island?
Well, did you know other than Mersing Jetty, you can also get to Tioman Island via Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
There are various ways to get to Tg Gemok Jetty from Singapore!
Check out how you can get to Tanjung Gemok Jetty with these 4 options below!
With all the information in this article, you can start planning a successful fun trip from Singapore to Tioman Island!
Do take note that all the prices and schedules in the list below are subject to change as it is based on the sole discretion of each respective transport operator.
1. Private Car From Singapore To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
2. Bus From Singapore To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
3. Coach From Singapore To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
4. Drive From Singapore To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Tanjung Gemok Jetty
One of the popular new gateway to Tioman Island is Tanjung Gemok Jetty!
This is because the Tioman Ferry services here are less likely to have cancellations due to unstable tide levels.
At this jetty, a new ferry operator just started operating!
Tanjung Gemok Jetty Address: http://bitly.com/tggemok
- Bluewater Express
- Cataferry (New)
Note: Tanjung Gemok is located north of Mersing. The ferry trip will take about 2 hours from Tanjung Gemok to Tioman Island.
1. Private Car/Taxi To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
For those who prefer to experience a stress-free journey without going through immigration while carrying minimal luggage:
Hiring a private car service would be ideal to head to Tg Gemok Jetty from Singapore! It will take around 3 hours, apart from heavy traffic.
- Those travelling in big groups with luggage (more than 4 pax)
- Those who are travelling with elderly or young children
- If you don’t have a flexible time schedule with no time to waste
- Able to sleep throughout the journey to Tanjung Gemok Jetty without being around strangers
- Don’t need to get down for immigration clearance
- Don’t need to look for parking at Tanjung Gemok Jetty
- Able to arrange your preferred departure point in Singapore without any delays (waiting time)
- Freedom to pick your own departure time
- The drivers are familiar with the best routes
- Well-maintained with working air-conditioners in each spacious MPV cars
- Can easily book online without any hassle
- Your travel group can relax without anyone using up energy to drive
- Considered expensive for those travelling alone
The fastest and easiest way to head to Mersing Jetty or Tanjung Gemok Jetty from Singapore would be to engage with private care services with Nusa Transport.
2. Bus To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
Under a certain budget and prefer not to drive?
You can consider taking a bus instead to Tanjung Gemok Jetty from Singapore!
Do take note if the bus services stop at Mersing Jetty and you’ll be required to book a taxi driver that will drop you off at Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
|Bus Operators||KKKL Express|
|Price Range||SGD $35|
|Departure||1. Kovan Hub 206
2. Katong V Mall (RHB)
|Arrival||1. Mersing Jetty
2. Tanjung Gemok Jetty
|Departure Time (Singapore)||10:00pm, 10:30pm|
How To Book Bus Ticket To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
The below booking sites are where you can easily book a bus ticket from Singapore to Tanjung Gemok Jetty:
Note: Book your bus tickets early as it can get sold out fast during public holidays such as long weekends!
3. Coach To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
Alternatively, you can take a coach instead of a bus to Tanjung Gemok Jetty from Singapore.
You can choose between 2 coach operators which are Discovery Tours & Travel or WTS Travel. Both of these coach operators offer routes to Tanjung Gemok Jetty or Mersing Jetty.
No matter which coach operator you choose, you’ll have to wake up early!
|Bus Operators||Discovery Tours||WTS|
|Price (2-Way)||~SGD $50||~SGD $40|
|Departure time (Singapore)||6:30am|
|Departure time (Tanjung Gemok)||5:30pm||5:00pm|
How To Book Coach Ticket To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
You can book your coach tickets via the official websites of WTS Travel or Discovery Tours & Travel!
- WTS (service suspended)
- Discovery Tours (service suspended)
4. Drive To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Singapore
Finally, you can consider driving by yourself if you have your own car! Since you don’t have to rely on other drivers, it’s much more convenient!
But you still have to spare some of your time! It’s not easy to look for a parking space at Tanjung Gemok, especially during public holidays or long holidays!
You’ll also have to pay for toll, petrol and even the parking fees for leaving your car overnight!
Route 1 – via Laluan Persekutuan 3/AH18:
Singapore – Johor Bahru – Ulu Tiram – Kota Tinggi – Mersing – Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Duration: 2.5 to 3 hours
Route details: http://bit.ly/SingaporeTgGemok
Note: At the border between Singapore and Johor, you’ll have to take into account the traffic conditions which affect the journey duration to Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
With Route 2, the journey will be longer. However, at least you get to grab a cup of coffee at Kluang or the pottery central at Ayer Hitam while passing by!
Route 2 – via AH2:
Singapore – Johor Bahru – Senai -Ayer Hitam – Kluang – Kahang – Mersing – Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Duration: ~4 hours
Route details: http://bit.ly/SingaporeTgGemok2
Available Parking Options At Tanjung Gemok Jetty
You can only park your car at one place which is an open area nearby the jetty: Location
Address: Berjaya Jetty Carpark, Kampung Tanjung Gemok, 26820 Kuala Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia