Imagine blue skies, palms swaying gently, the distinct smell of seawater and waves lapping at your feet.
Doesn’t that sound idyllic?
If your body twitched with desire as you read the above, that’s a sure sign that you need to visit Desaru!
Fortunately, travelling from Singapore to Desaru is reasonably easy and fast.
In fact, you could probably be sipping on fresh coconut juice on the beaches of Desaru within two hours of leaving your home!
Excited? Keep reading to find out the best way to travel from Singapore to Desaru that’ll suit your travel needs and budget.
(Please note that all prices and time schedules listed below are at the sole discretion of the respective transport operator and are subject to change at any time)
1. Singapore To Desaru By Private Car Service
Right at the top of our list would be to travel from Singapore to Desaru by Nusa Transport private taxi service.
You’ll be able to get private car from Singapore to Desaru in the comfort of a fully-air conditioned car without the hustle of queues or alighting your vehicle at the checkpoint.
That means, your Desaru holiday begins the moment you’re picked up as you’ll only need to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
Why You Should Choose Nusa Transport Private Taxi From Singapore To Desaru:
- Their drivers are familiar with inter-causeway travel
- Their MPV cars are well maintained and clean
- Pick up and drop off times are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your needs
- A fleet of MPVs with ample space for feet and luggage
- Remain in the car during checkpoints – no need to unload luggage or queue up
- Booking is easy
- Affordable rates
2. Singapore To Desaru By Bus
You could also travel by bus from Singapore to Desaru.
Travelling by bus would take approximately 2.5 hours and is relatively easy and comfortable.
It is also the most pocket-friendly option on this list for those who are more budget conscious.
KKKL Travel & Tours offers a direct coach line from Singapore to Desaru once a day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Bus Company: KKKL Travel & Tours
Travel Time: Estimated 2.5 hours
Ticket Price: SGD $25
Singapore Departure Location and Time: Singapore Kovan Hub, 9:00am
Desaru Departure Location and Time:
Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark, Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast, The Westin Desaru Coast Resort – 3.30pm
Four Points by Sheraton Desaru – 3:45pm
3. Singapore to Desaru By Self-Driving
Alternatively, you could also drive yourself from Singapore to Desaru.
Desaru is approximately 100km away from Singapore so it’ll only take you a couple of hours to get there.
Obviously, the benefits of driving yourself to Desaru would include taking toilet breaks when needed and ease of travel if you have a child or elderly person with you.
Below are two routes to get from Singapore to Desaru (take the second option if you’re keen to stop by at Legoland Johor!)
Route 1: Via Lebuhraya Senai-Desaru/E22
Singapore – Johor Bahru – Ulu Tiram – Bandar Penawar – Desaru
View route details and map: http://bit.ly/SGDesaruRoute1
Duration: Approximately 1 hour 40 minutes
Route 2: Via Second Link Expy/E3 and Lebuhraya Senai-desaru/E22
Singapore – Nusajaya – Senai – Ulu Tiram – Bandar Penawar – Desaru
View route details and map: http://bit.ly/SGDesaruRoute2
Duration: Approximately 2 hours
If you’re up for the challenge of driving yourself to Desaru, here are some things to bear in mind:
Tips When Driving From Singapore To Malaysia:
- Be sure to haveat least 3 quarters of your car tank full before leaving Singapore
- Check your tyres and engine to ensure they are road worthy
- Remember to pay your road tax fees– don’t get caught out!
- Apply for a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online to drive into Malaysia
- Be safe – do not leave your car unlocked or unattended at any time!
- Get a “Touch n Go” toll card to use the dedicated “Touch’n’Go” lanes (don’t worry if you can’t get a card, you can always pay cash but the line might be longer)
- Pack ample snacks and entertainment especially if travelling with little ones
4. Singapore To Desaru By Ferry
Finally, another way to travel from Singapore to Desaru is by ferry.
For those who’d like to escape the sometimes congested traffic on the causeway, you could board a ferry at the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.
It takes approximately 90 minutes for the ferry to take you across to the Desaru Coast Ferry Terminal.
At Desaru Coast Ferry Terminal, there is a free (yes, free!) shuttle bus to various hotels and tourist destinations in Desaru.
If you’d like to take a ferry to Desaru, remember to be at the ferry terminal at least 15 minutes before departure!
Ferry Operator: BatamFast
One way: SGD $70.00
Two way: SGD $118.00
Singapore Departure Point:
Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
Desaru Departure Point:
Desaru Coast Ferry Terminal
Singapore To Desaru Schedule:
Thursday to Sunday: 8:30am
Desaru To Singapore Schedule:
Thursday to Sunday: 5:30pm
How To Purchase Tickets:
Purchase tickets online at batamfast.com