Are you planning on heading to Muar the endless food choices, beautiful scenery and gorgeous mural arts?
It’s not that troublesome to travel to Muar from Singapore too, with a few ways to consider!
Based on your own requirements and needs, let’s check out some of the modes of transport to go to Muar from Singapore!
Do take note that all the prices and schedules in the list below are subject to change as it is based on the sole discretion of each respective transport operator.
Train stations or airports were never built in Muar. You can only choose between 2 options: taking a public bus or a private car to Muar.
You can take a look at the pros and cons of these two methods and choose the one that suits your needs or requirements!
Option 1: Private Car/Taxi From Singapore To Muar
You can consider engaging with private car services offered by Nusa Transport to travel from Singapore to Muar.
You can choose between a one-way trip or a return trip from Muar to Singapore to Singapore to Muar.
Enjoy a stress-free experience as many customers have given positive feedback throughout the years!
You can easily book online once you’ve confirmed your travel date!
Benefits of Nusa Transport Private Car Service:
- You can choose the time, location and date in Singapore based on your own flexibility
- Skip getting down the vehicle at Singapore Checkpoints or Johor Customs
- Inexpensive rates
- Travel in your own time to Muar or Singapore without caring about other strangers
- Can make your booking online or through WhatsApp
- Don’t have to go through the hassle of taking your luggage along when getting off and on the bus
- Can fit up to 10 pax in one MPV car
- Excellent customer service
- Travel in comfort especially if you’re going in groups, elderly or with young children.
Toyota Innova (6 passengers)
Toyota Alphard (6-7 passengers)
Hyundai Starex (10 passengers)
Nusa Transport Satisfied Customers:
Nusa Transport regularly receives positive feedback from customers.
Option 2: Direct Bus From Singapore To Muar
- More affordable option than engaging with a private car service.
- Able to purchase bus tickets online.
- Tiring as you need to get down and up from the bus at immigration points for custom purposes.
- Take too much time as you’ll need to wait in long queues during peak timings.
- Bus may be crowded
- Travellers under budget
Bus Operator: Starmart Express
Singapore to Muar: SGD20
Departure Point & Time in Singapore:
Golden Mile Tower (8:30am)
Duration: 3.5 hours
Option 3: Bus From Singapore To Muar (via Lakin Sentral)
Step 1: Bus From Singapore To Larkin Sentral
To get to Muar from Singapore, you can take the public buses at Larkin Sentral Bus Terminal. Below are the available bus services you can take:
Bus Service #1:
- SBS Bus Service 170 (starting from Queen Street)
- Service 170X (from Kranji MRT Station)
- Service 160 (from Jurong East Station)
To cross the causeway through Woodlands, take any of the bus services above. After JB CIQ, take the bus service 170 to head to Larkin Sentral.
Note: You can use your EZ-Link card to take advantage of concession fares.
Bus Service #2:
- Causeway Link CW1 (Kranji MRT Station)
- Causeway Link CW2 (from Queen Street)
- Causeway Link C5 (from Newton Circus)
Note: Do keep your tickets as you’ll need to reboard the bus service CWL at checkpoints after JB CIQ heading to Larkin Sentral.
Bus Service #3:
- Singapore-Johor Express (SJE) (from Queen Street)
After JB CIQ, take the bus service above in order to cross the causeway and head to Larkin Sentral.
Bus Service #4:
- SMRT 950 (from Woodlands Station)
- Cross Border Bus Service AC7 (from Yishun Station)
Take the above bus services to cross the causeway and head to JB CIQ. Then, take SBS 170 or CWL to head towards Larkin Sentral.
Do take note you may be required to pay the bus fares in ringgit when changing buses after JB CIQ.
Step 2: Bus From Larkin Sentral To Muar
Once you arrive at Larkin Sentral, head to the ticket counters and purchase an inter-city bus ticket to Muar.
- You’ll need to prepare your passport!
- You have the option to choose your preferred bus service as well as the departure time.
- Ticket fares to Muar for one-way start from RM16.70 (which is roughly S$5.27).
- The journey to Muar from Larkin Sentral is about 2 and a half hours.
- Prepare yourself with snacks, beverages and head to the toilet before departing!
- The bus journey will end at Bentayan Bus Terminal and within walking distance to Pekan Muar, the main town of Muar.
To head back to Singapore, simply go back to Bantayan Bus Terminal and buy your ticket to Larkin Sentral.
Once arrive at Larkin Sentral, you can take either the Causeway Link CWL or SBS 170 to head to JB CIQ.
If you want a quicker route, take the SJE that’s heading towards Queen Street.
Note: At Larkin Sentral, you’ll need to pay the fares in ringgit. But when you’re on Bus Service 170, it will be in Singapore dollars.
The average cost for two-ways when using local transport would be S$11+, cheaper than if you were to come directly from Singapore which is around S$40 for two-way.