For those who are looking to shop till you drop, JB City Square is the place to be!
It’s popular among Singaporeans as it’s nearby to CIQ complex and customs, within Johor Bahru City.
There are over 300 retail outlets, making it a good spot for shopping alongside other entertainment such as cinema, karaoke center, and arcade.
For those looking for ways to travel to City Square JB from Singapore, below are the mode of transportation available!
Do take note that all the prices and schedules in the list below are subject to change as it is based on the sole discretion of each respective transport operator.
You can find 3 different types of transport to get from Singapore to JB City Square. For each mode of transport, there are pros and cons to them.
Among all, taking a private taxi is the most convenient way!
1. Private Taxi From Singapore To JB City Square
When taking a private taxi from Singapore to City Square JB, the drivers will handle everything that’s related to your transport – you don’t have to lift a finger!
It’s the best option if you’re travelling with young kids or the elderly!
If you’re looking for the quickest way to JB City Square, hiring a private taxi would be ideal as the journey doesn’t have any interruptions in between. It’s time-saving too!
Why You Should Choose Nusa Transport Private Taxi:
- Freedom to choose your preferred pick-up place and time.
- Don’t have to go through the hassle of getting down and taking your belongings with you at the immigration checkpoint – it’s being done right in the private taxi.
- Comfortable seating, well-maintained luxury fleets which can accommodate up to 10 pax
- Friendly and professional drivers
- Simple online booking process
2. Bus From Singapore To JB City Square
You can travel from Singapore to City Square JB by taking a public bus. Cheap and affordable with plenty of buses to choose from!
The journey begins by taking the cross-border bus from Singapore to JB Sentral. The bus trip takes about 40 minutes to 2 hours, but it depends on how heavy the traffic is.
From there, just walk for about a 5-minute walk and you’ll reach JB City Square.
Also read: How To Go To JB From Singapore
But there are several disadvantages when taking the bus:
- From Singapore to City Square Johor Bahru, there will be no direct bus – you’ll have to change bus during the journey.
- To get to JB Sentral, you’ll have to know which bus routes and bus numbers you’ll have to take.
- The queue might be long and tedious as you’ll have to get down at the border for the authorities to check your travel documents.
- You’ll be facing strangers – with the bus rides always being crowded, causing you to be tired.
Below are some of the buses which provide cross-border services in Singapore:
2.1 SBS Transit Bus
Bus No.: 170X (Blue Plate)
Departure Point: Kranji MRT Singapore
Arrival Point: JB Sentral Bus Terminal
Bus Fare: SGD$1.39
Bus Schedule: Daily from 5:30am to 11:30pm, frequency every 5-13 minutes
Bus No.: 160 (Blue Plate)
Departure Point: Jurong East Interchange
Arrival Point: JB Sentral Bus Terminal
Bus Fare: SGD$1.81
Bus Schedule: Daily from 5:30am to 12:00am, frequency every 8-17 minutes
There are many more public buses that offer cross-border services between Singapore and Johor that could take you to JB City Square.
3. Train From Singapore To JB City Square
Alternatively, you can consider taking the train from Singapore to JB City Square if you want to avoid going through traffic jams.
The train service between Woodlands CIQ and JB Sentral is called Shuttle Tebrau. The ticket price costs SGD$5 and you can easily buy it online.
From Singapore Woodlands Train Checkpoint to JB Sentral, the train ride is around 5 minutes. As for the walk from JB Sentral to JB City Square, it takes about 5 minutes.
However, the frequency might not be too often in comparison with the public bus. It will take about an hour of waiting time if you miss one ride.
Check out the train schedule here.