Today, we are going to share how you can get to Legoland Malaysia from Sentosa, Singapore!
You can either get there directly via a private car or take a little detour by using public transportation (MRT and bus).
Let us walk you through the steps before you decide which option is best for you.
Read on next!
1. Sentosa To Legoland Malaysia By Private Car
Being the driver stuck in traffic can be a nightmare when you are traveling especially if you are trying to arrive at your destination before your passengers become restless.
Why go through the hassle when you can travel to Legoland Malaysia from Sentosa in luxury aboard an air-conditioned car that comes with your own private driver?
Why Choose NusaTransport Private Car Transport
- Flexible pick-up locations, dates, and times around Sentosa
- Sit back and relax as you enjoy the scenic routes
- You do not need to find your own car park upon arrival at the theme park
- Visit famous tourist spots in between your destinations if time permits
- Well-maintained vehicles with ample cargo space and legroom
- Passengers do not need to exit the vehicle at immigration checkpoints
- Skilled drivers navigate their way around Singapore and Malaysia highways
- Traveling in groups with more than five people to spread out the cost
- Families traveling with seniors and children
- Travelers who have a strict timeline
2. Sentosa To Legoland Malaysia By MRT + Bus
Step 1: Take MRT & Sentosa Express From Sentosa Island To HarbourFront MRT Station
Board the Sentosa Express Monorail from either Resorts World Station, Imbiah Station, or Beach Station, and you will arrive at VivoCity Shopping Mall in about 3 to 5 minutes.
Head down the escalator to HarbourFront MRT Station on the Circle Line (CC29).
- You do not need to purchase a ticket if you have an EZ-Link card and a NETS Flash card. Just use one of these cards to instantly board the Sentosa Express monorail.
- Sentosa Express trains operate daily from 7:00 am to 12:00 am
- Standard fees are SGD4 for adults, SGD2 for selected TransitLink Concession Cardholders, and free for children below 3 years old
Step 2: Take MRT From HarbourFront MRT Station To Boon Lay MRT Station
There is no direct train between HarbourFront MRT Station and Boon Lay MRT Station. You can get to Boon Lay MRT Station with one train transfer.
Board the train heading towards Marina Bay for 7 stations to Buona Vista (CC22/EW21). The trip takes about 20 minutes (including average waiting and changing times, if any).
Once you arrive, change to the East-West Line train heading towards Tuas Link for 6 stations to Boon Lay MRT Station (EW27). This will take about 20 minutes.
After arriving at Boon Lay MRT Station, head down to Level 1 (street level), exit through Exit C, D, or E, and walk over to the Boon Lay Bus Interchange.
- Exits B and E provide barrier-free access for the disabled.
- Train ticket fare:
- From HarbourFront to Buona Vista MRT Station: from SGD0.65 to SGD1.45
- From Buona Vista to Boon Lay LRT Station: from SGD0.65 to SGD1.60
- Single ticket fares (ticketing machines) have stopped since March 2022.
Step 3: Take Bus & Grab Car From Boon Lay Bus Interchange To Legoland Malaysia
Purchase your bus ticket and head over to the bus stop to take the Causeway Link Bus (CW6) heading into Malaysia’s borders.
Congratulations, you have arrived!
- Get help from the staff at the Boon Lay Bus Interchange for bus ticket purchases and ManjaLink Card top-up transactions to pay for your bus travel.
- Passengers may use the Manjalink Card, and NETS Flashpay Card, or make payment by cash when boarding at Boon Lay.
- Make sure to download the Grab application on your mobile before your trip and make sure you have an internet connection to book a ride in Malaysia.
- Causeway Link bus operates from 7:30 am to 11:00 pm daily with 20 to 30 minutes intervals between each bus.
- The maximum bus fare is up to SGD6 per journey.
While it may be tempting to buy a ticket and board the next public transportation to Malaysia, think twice if you are traveling with your family.