Do you know how much time needed to travel from different points in Singapore to Legoland Malaysia?
Do you know which transport brings you to Legoland Malaysia in the shortest possible time?
Whoever gives me a “NO” right now, your answer will turn into a “YES” after reading this article!
This article tells you Singapore to Legoland Malaysia how many hours for different kinds of transport, ranging from public bus, train, private car to self-driving.
All offers different travel time so it’s best if you can take a look at each of them to consider your way of transport to Legoland Malaysia.
Let’s check them out!
Travel Time From Singapore To Legoland Malaysia
Below are the travel times of 4 types of transport that takes you from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia.
Take note that public transport will always take longer time to reach Legoland Malaysia as compared to private transport.
1. Bus Travel Time from Singapore To Legoland Malaysia
Taking bus from Singapore to Legoland is probably the most time-consuming way.
Even though it is the cheapest option, you will spend a lot of time travelling from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia. It’s easy to get tired during the journey too.
The estimated bus travel time varies, whereby it fully depends on:
- Routes you take (Woodlands Causeway takes longer travel time than Tuas Second Link)
- Traffic condition
- Time spent to clear the customs
- Time waiting for the arrival of bus
1. Woodlands Causeway
Since there is no direct bus taking you from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia, we will tell you the estimated travel time of each bus you need to take from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia.
If you are planning to take Woodlands Causeway, there are several departure points in Singapore that can bring you to Woodlands Checkpoint to clear customs.
After that, board the bus again to JB Sentral CIQ and from there, you can take public bus to Legoland Malaysia.
Step 1: Singapore Bus to Woodlands Checkpoint
|Departure Point||Bus||Time taken to reach Woodlands Checkpoint|
|Kranji MRT Station||Causeway Link CW1||Within 10 minutes|
|Kranji MRT Station||SBS Transit 170X (Blue Plate)||Within 10 minutes|
|Woodlands MRT||SMRT Buses 950||10 – 20 minutes|
|Newton Circus||Causeway Link CW5||25 – 35 minutes|
|Queen Street||Causeway Link CW2||30 – 40 minutes|
|Queen Street||SBS Transit 170 (Red Plate)||30 – 40 minutes|
|Changi Airport||Transtar Express TS1||35 – 50 minutes|
Step 2: Woodlands Checkpoint to JB Sentral CIQ
- When you reach Woodlands Checkpoint, you need to take around 15 – 35 minutes to clear the custom. The time is even longer during peak hour.
- After clearing customs, you can board any bus available to JB Sentral CIQ.
- If there is no traffic jam, the travel time from Woodlands Checkpoint to JB Sentral CIQ is only 11 minutes (4.2km) via the Woodlands Causeway.
- If there is traffic jam, it might take up to half an hour or even more than that.
- At JB Sentral CIQ, you need to queue another 15- 35 minutes to get passport stamp entering Johor, Malaysia.
Step 3: JB Sentral CIQ to Legoland Malaysia
- At JB Sentral CIQ, take bus LM1 to Legoland Malaysia.
- The estimated travel time to Legoland Malaysia is 1 hour.
2. Tuas Second Link
Tuas Second Link is nearer to Legoland Malaysia compared to Woodlands Causeway. Hence, boarding bus that take this route could help you to reach Legoland Malaysia faster.
Step 1: Singapore bus to Tuas Checkpoint
|Departure Point||Bus||Time taken to reach Tuas Checkpoint|
|Boon Lay MRT||Causeway Link Bus CW6||10 – 20 minutes|
|Jurong East Bus Interchange||Causeway Link Bus CW3||15 – 25 minutes|
|Jurong East Bus Interchange||Causeway Link Bus CW4||15 – 25 minutes|
Step 2: Tuas Checkpoint to CIQ 2nd Link
- When you reach Tuas Checkpoint, you are required to queue up to clear customs. This process might take around 15 – 30 minutes.
- After clearing immigrations at Tuas Checkpoint, board the buses available to CIQ 2nd
- The travel journey is approximately 20 to 40 minutes depend on the traffic condition.
- At CIQ 2nd Link, you need to queue again at customs for 15 – 30 minutes to get passport stamp to enter Johor, Malaysia.
Step 3: CIQ 2nd Link to Legoland Malaysia
The bus travel time between CIQ 2nd Link and Legoland Malaysia is merely 15 minutes.
Local buses available are Causeway Link Bus JPO2, Causeway Link Bus SL1, Causeway Link Bus CW7L.
2. Private Car Travel Time from Singapore To Legoland Malaysia
If you ride with Nusa Transport, the travel time from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia is approximately 40 to 70 minutes depending on the traffic condition especially at the Tuas Second Link.
The travel time might also increase if your pick-up point in Singapore is further.
Unlike public bus, you don’t need to get down from vehicles and queue up long to clear the customs.
As a result, you save a lot of time on immigration clearing process. It helps you to reach Legoland Malaysia faster.
3. Train Travel Time from Singapore To Legoland Malaysia
If you want to take the train, you must first find a way yourself to go to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
The time needed depends on where you at in Singapore.
Let’s say you are at Changi Airport, you need to spend 1 hour plus to go to Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
Now, the Shuttle Tebrau Train can bring you from Woodlands Train Checkpoint to JB Sentral Checkpoint.
It’s merely 5 minutes ride!
Upon arrival at JB Sentral Checkpoint, you can either take the local Causeway Link Bus LM1 (1 hour ride) or take local taxi (25 to 40 minutes) to Legoland Malaysia.
4. Self-Drive Travel Time from Singapore To Legoland Malaysia
If you plan to drive from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia, the journey is around 45 to 90 minutes if there is no traffic jam.
When there is traffic jam, it might take up to 2 to 3 hours as you might stuck at the cross-border bridge.
A kind reminder to the drivers, always take the Tuas Second Link as compared to Woodlands Causeway because this route is nearer to Legoland Malaysia.